Turn Up & Go Buses from Chatswood to Dee Why
Commuters from the Chatswood to Dee Why could soon throw away their timetables with plans for a new turn up and go bus service. A re-elected Liberals and Nationals Government will start work on developing a turn up and go express bus service linking Chatswood and Dee Why.
“We want to see buses running on this route every 10 minutes between 6am and 10pm, seven days a week. This frequent and reliable bus service will allow Northern Beaches and North Shore commuters to link up with Sydney Metro services at Chatswood,” Transport and Infrastructure Minister Andrew Constance said.
The proposed express services would stop at the 9 following locations:
· Dee Why B-Line Stop Pittwater Rd at Howard Ave
· Narraweena - Warringah Road at Alfred Street
· Beacon Hill - Warringah Road at Willandra Road
· Frenchs Forest Business Park - Warringah Road at Jones Street
· Northern Beaches Hospital - Frenchs Forest Road West
· Forest Way Shopping Centre
· Forestville - Warringah Road at Starkey Street
· Roseville Chase - Babbage Road at Allan Street
· Chatswood Interchange
Member for Davidson Jonathan O’Dea said, “I look forward to working with Transport for NSW after the election to deliver this new service for my constituents who could catch the bus to the beach or Northern Beaches Hospital, or connect with the Sydney Metro and North Shore rail line.”
Mr O’Dea said this new rapid bus service would build on over 1,000 additional weekly bus services already operating to support the new Northern Beaches Hospital demand from the Frenchs Forest area.