State Government Page

NSW Government

COVID-19 NSW rules, cases, health advice 

Call Service NSW 13 77 88 for non-health related COVID-19 matters

COVID-19 Small Business Support

NSW Government responsibilities include:

  • NSW Health, public hospitals, ambulance
  • Major roads and public transport
  • Public primary and secondary schools and TAFE
  • Environment and Energy, NSW Environment Protection Agency (EPA)
  • NSW National Parks
  • Vehicle registration, drivers licences, road rules, demerits and penalties
  • Mobility parking scheme
  • Opal Card, Gold Opal Card, NSW Seniors card
  • Transport concessions
  • Boating and fishing licences and registrations
  • Working with Children Check
  • NSW Police Force and NSW Fire Brigades
  • NSW Rural Fire Service
  • NSW Attorney General
  • NSW Planning Department
  • Public Housing, Homelessness
  • NSW Fair Trading
  • SafeWork NSW
  • Payroll tax, land tax, stamp duty on property sales
  • Strata laws, Company Title apartments
  • Rental bond board
  • Regulation of residential parks and retirement villages
  • Sydney Water


Departments and agencies
NSW Government departments, agencies and organisations are arranged into nine groups, called clusters. They are all listed here

Contact the Premier or a Government Minister
You can contact the Premier, Gladys Berejiklian, here

Each department of agency falls under the responsibility of a government Minister. You can contact NSW Government Ministers here

NSW Have your say share your opinions on new projects, services and government policy.

Premier's Priorities

Popular NSW Government Links

Become a Justice of the Peace

Find a Justice of the Peace

NSW Public and School Holidays

Buy Regional find and buy special items direct, and make a difference for those most impacted by drought, bushfire and coronavirus – across rural and regional NSW.

Service NSW 

Life events

Cost of living

NSW Digital licence Service NSW app.

Fair Trading

Transport NSW

Public Housing 

NSW Seniors Card


LawAccess NSW is a free government telephone service that provides legal information, referrals and in some cases, advice for people who have a legal problem in NSW. Call 1300 888

Community Legal Centres