Loal government means your own local Council. In the Davidson electorate there are three local Councils, or Local Government Areas (LGAs).
Council responsibilities include:
- Local roads and related traffic and parking issues.
- Collecting your rubbish and recycling.
- Footpaths some street drains.
- Most graffiti.
- Local indoor and outdoor facilities like playgrounds, parks, sports grounds, public pools, libraries and community centres.
- Development applications and building and renovation issues.
- Dogs, cats and other pets (including dangerous dogs and barking).
- Trees on public and private land.
- Pool fence regulation.
- Noise issues, some neighbour disputes.
- Services for youth, seniors, children, people with a disability Meals on Wheels.
Council Staff and Elected Council
Councils have staff who work for the council. There are also elected councillors who are voted onto the council. If you have an issue that relates to a local council it is often helpful to raise the matter with the councillor for the ward in which you live. Council websites have the details of all elected councillors and maps of each council ward.